Clay County, Nebraska

Stretching for about eight miles to the east of Hastings is a series of bunkers and other buildings that were part the massive World War II Naval Ammunitions Depot. Over 2000 stuctures were part of the depot, which was in operation from 1942 to 1946.  (May 2001 photos)


Late nineteenth century buildings are common in the downtowns of small Nebraska towns. This is downtown Sutton as seen in July 1998. Note the grain elevator in the background.

Back to Nebraska Counties Map